"I am living out my life in my corner, taunting myself with the spiteful and useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot become anything seriously, and it is only the fool who becomes anything....A man ought to be pre-eminently a characterless creature; a man of character, an active man, is pre-eminently a limited creature." -Notes from the Underground, F. Dostoevsky

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Mormon Defense League!

Bigoted journalists beware! The Mormon Defense League is here!

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. In their apparent never-ending quest to defend the good name of the Mormon church from all villains, great and small, the Foundation for Apologetic Information and Research has created the Mormon version of Aquaman et al.

Seriously, I guess these folks think that Michael Otterson needs some unofficial assistance. Or maybe Michael Otterstrom thinks he needs some unofficial assistance. Either way, I guess no one can really blame them, given the trail of ridiculous screeds Brother Otterson spews forth with such unparalleled, annoying regularity.

LDS Church Public Affairs being the joke it is generally (I mean, it's not like there's a direct line of authority between Public Affairs and The Quorum of the Twelve and the First Presidency), perhaps members do need to take matters into their own hands and harass journalists and others who dare to raise matters which might embarrass our holy and distinguished church.

We certainly can benefit from giving the media an additional, unauthorized, unofficial source of information/intimidation on church doctrine and history. Because, honestly, the Jews and the Catholics do it, especially the Jews, and we can form our own League, too.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog