"I am living out my life in my corner, taunting myself with the spiteful and useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot become anything seriously, and it is only the fool who becomes anything....A man ought to be pre-eminently a characterless creature; a man of character, an active man, is pre-eminently a limited creature." -Notes from the Underground, F. Dostoevsky

Sunday, October 26, 2008


So, this is the trib's photo of the big Hillary rally. I'm on the far left, standing next to a couple of ladies from the Stonewall Democrats. Don't ask me how they picked me for the stage. I supported Obama during the primaries, and I'm not particularly well-connected at the highest levels of the party. My best guess is that they have somehow gotten the impression that I'm gay (ergo the placement by the Stonewall ladies). Not that I'm complaining. I can now add Hillary to my list of handshakes--Jack Kemp, Al Gore, and John Edwards. Pretty meagre, to be sure, but something to tell the grandkids about. (if I ever have any...).

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog