"I am living out my life in my corner, taunting myself with the spiteful and useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot become anything seriously, and it is only the fool who becomes anything....A man ought to be pre-eminently a characterless creature; a man of character, an active man, is pre-eminently a limited creature." -Notes from the Underground, F. Dostoevsky

Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Tablespoon to Dig a Grave

Tommy's just going to have to tell his story to one less listener. When he arrived at the point of his pointless story where he begins to read "[A]ll she had was a tablespoon to dig a grave for her baby in the cold, frozen ground..." from the teleprompter, I have to tune out. If I were in the Great and Spacious Building listening live, I'd have walked out, and made a big deal of it.

Why are General Conference talks so persistently awful?


*This entry was intended to be published on April , 2009.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog